Dr. Jeff Colyer
Board-Certified & Fellowship-Trained Orthopedic
Hand & Plastic Surgery Expert
Get To Know
Dr. Jeff Colyer:
Dr. Jeff Colyer is a fellowship-trained and board-certified hand and plastic surgeon at Sano Orthopedics. His focus is on surgical repairs of the hand, plastics, and craniofacial surgery.
Formerly with Mid-America Orthopedics KC, Dr. Colyer joined Sano Orthopedics on Nov 1, 2021.
Dr. Jeff Colyer grew up in Hays, KS. He attended the Georgetown University of Washington, DC, where he graduated with a Bachelor of Economics and Pre-Medicine. He earned his Masters of International Relations from Cambridge University in England and then achieved his Doctors of Medicine from the Kansas University Medical School. Dr. Colyer then completed his residency of General Surgery from Washington Hospital Center in DC and then came back to Kansas City to complete his Plastic Surgery Residency at the University of Missouri. Following his residencies, Dr. Colyer completed Fellowship Training for Craniofacial Surgery at the International Craniofacial Institute in Dallas, TX.
Dr. Colyer’s passion for community service and medicine has taken him to several war-ravaged countries where he’s lent medical aid and was even featured on 60 Minutes: Scars of War. He’s been named to several Top Plastic Surgeon Lists throughout his career and serves the next generation as a Surgical Instructor at multiple schools. Whether abroad or at home in Kansas with his wife and daughters, Dr. Colyer is committed to using his skills and training to increase the confidence, health, and overall wellbeing of his patients.
– Masters Degree: Cambridge University, Cambridge England
– Medical School: University of Kansas School of Medicine, Lawrence, KS
– Residency: General Surgery/Trauma, Washington Hospital Center, Washington DC
– Residency: Plastic Surgery, University of Missouri Kansas City
- Craniofacial/Pediatric Plastic Surgery Fellow-International Craniofacial Institute, Dallas, TX
– Board Certification:
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
Awards & Affiliations
- Volunteer physician
- Featured on 60 Minutes: Scars of War
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- American Cleft Palate and Craniofacial Association
- American Medical Association
- Kansas Medical Society
- Kansas Clinical Resource Network for Terrorism and Disasters
- Johnson County/Metropolitan Medical Society
- Councilor, Atlantic Council of the United States and NATO
- World Health Organization Disaster Advisory Group
- Kansas City Plastic Surgery Society
- Board of Advisors International Programs
Dr. Colyer sees patients at the Leawood, KS office.
Dr. Colyer’s Specialties
Dr. Jeff Colyer is an expert in various craniofacial procedures, including:
- Cleft Lip & Palate
Abnormal Head Shape
Dr. Jeff Colyer is committed to help patients increase the confidence, health, and overall wellbeing. He offers a variety of cosmetic procedures:
- Breast Augmentation
Because the hand is critical to daily activity and work, restoration of normal function as soon as possible is important to every patient. For trauma and complex surgical procedures that need an aesthetic final result, a plastic surgeon with a specialty in hand is recommended.
Dr. Colyer helps restore function and form for patients experiencing a variety of hand trauma.
It was a great experience from check-in to check-out. My Doctor was fabulous.
Linda, Google review